What documents do I need before letting my property?

There are a few documents you are required to provide to comply with current regulations. We can help you with these so if you need guidance don’t hesitate to get in touch.

  • Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) – An EPC is a document that you are required to provide to us before we can market your property. You are also required to give a copy to anyone wanting to view the property and to your tenants.
  • Tenancy Agreement – A comprehensive tenancy agreement should be drawn. This could be standard or adapted to your requirements.
  • Tenancy deposit scheme – All deposits taken on assured and short assured tenancies, university accommodation and other types of occupancy agreements must be submitted to a Government-approved scheme. This should be done within 30 days of the tenancy start date. Our full management service includes the tenant deposit management.
  • Inventory and check in – We recommend carrying a detailed inventory before the start of a tenancy, including photographic evidence. The same inventory can then be used at the end of a tenancy and will prove most useful if you need to make a claim against the tenant’s deposit.

Allison Residential Lettings

704 Clarkston Road
G44 3YR
T: 0141 321 2438
E: info@allisonlettings.co.uk